Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Randomness

I'm sitting here with my fresh clean baby boy. :) Jack really enjoys baths in his little baby sized tub, but he always makes a huge mess splashing. I'm always soaked by the end. The couple of times I've tried bathing him in our tub, he freaked out. So I thought it might be a good idea to get in with him. Not so much. He still freaked out the whole time. But he got clean and tired out, because now my fresh smelling little man is curled up asleep in his car seat on the floor beside me.

Tonight Kelly and Grant came to church and brought Logan. I think Kelly has turned a corner with her postpartum issues. She actually let a couple of the girls in the youth group hold him. :) She also handed me a bag of Milano cookies (my favorite!) and a card with $25 and a $50 Walmart gift card for my birthday. Then she leaned in and whispered that the gift card was a thank you for doing the pictures, that she didn't want me to think I wasn't appreciated. I get the impression someone said something to her about it. I told her she didn't have to do that (she didn't! It really wasn't about money!), but I did really appreciate her doing it. And I have to say, it definitely helped out this week. I wasn't sure where I was going to get the money for gas to drive to my photo shoots on Saturday, and we're almost out of toilet paper. 

I did connect with a friend of an old classmate today who met me and gave me some unopened cans of baby formula. My mom also brought us a container of formula yesterday. And she let me borrow the money to cover what we needed to go in the bank.:) Jack liked the Nido stuff, but it did seem to be constipating him, so I'm thankful to have some formula (which definitely fixed the constipation issue lol).

The new dog is still doing great, which is a relief.

And I made another sale in my Etsy shop! :)

Also, I found Nick a doctor and the kids a dentist. Both kids have needed to go, but with their insurance I was having a hard time finding the right person to take them to. Daisy has never been, and I know she has a couple of cavities, so I knew I needed someone really good with kids. Last week I happened to have a conversation with an acquaintance who mentioned that her son is on the same insurance and loves his dentist. I got his name and number and got them both set up with an appointment for next week. 

And I found Nick a doctor who will take payments. His insurance has a huge deductible, so the whole visit will come out of his pocket, so this was important. He's had some congestion in his ear for several months now that he just can't shake. Plus since he's been losing weight (30 pounds now!) and exercising, he felt like a check up was a good idea. 

Our old doctor was kind of a nut. I guess he was okay as a doctor, but he was obsessed with weight. Neither of us is exactly thin, but we've also never had any health problems related to it. Every time Nick went to him for anything at all, he insisted on checking his blood pressure and cholesterol, then would get really irritated when both came back great. One time he took my blood pressure and told me it was terrible and that if I didn't get it under control I would be on medication for it for the rest of my life. Later on I had pregnancy related hypertension, but when I'm not pregnant I've never had a problem, so I was understandably shaken up. When he stepped out and the nurse came in I asked her what the reading was. She looked at the chart, and it was something like 120/72. "Is that bad?" I asked. She looked surprised. "No! That's actually really good!" It was kind of crazy, so we haven't been back to him in years.

Anyway, that's what's going on around here. How are you guys? 

1 comment:

ronnie said...

Happy LOL Day, AngelBrat.

Your blog was one of the first I started reading.

Love,
Ronnie
xx