Saturday, April 28, 2012

100 Things Meme

Two blog posts in one night? What, what? I know, call me crazy. But earlier I was reading back through my archives, and I came across a bunch of memes I had done. Mostly they made me realize how very good God has been to us! On almost every one that had a "what do you wish for" type question, the answer is something that God has since blessed me with, whether a new camera, a better/bigger car, a new baby (or two), or being a stay at home mom, God had been showering me with blessings for literally years, and it was really neat to see!

But anyway, one post was a list of 100 random facts about (not just) me, and besides bringing back some great memories, it really made me giggle. So I thought I'd do another one.

1. I'm kind of madly in love with Pinterest.
2. I still haven't mailed Nick's sister and her family's Christmas presents to Texas.
3. This is really shameful and embarrassing, but shipping is crazy expensive for it!
4. Jack has the same name as a character on Lost.
5. That character is not Jack.
6. He was also not named after Lost - we just really like the name we chose.
7. I seriously miss Lost.
8. I play Farmville.
9. I wish I could stop, but I can't seem to let it go.
10. I suck at growing things in real life.
11. We're going to Sea Island, Georgia in August.
12. Nick's sister and brother-in-law rented a condo for the whole family there.
13. Nick's dad is obsessed with giving people birthday spankings.
14. This really creeps me out because spanking is not something I want to associate with my father-in-law.
15. One year he literally chased me around a car trying to give me one.
16. Nick had to intervene and it was awkward.
17. We're trying to potty train Daisy.
18. It's not going very well.
19. Morgan is a school safety this semester.
20. This means that she is one of a group of kids that ensures the kids who get picked up by parents get in their cars.
21. It also means she gets to go to Washington D.C. in June.
22. Jack is the only baby I've had who enjoys a pacifier.
23. His pacifiers are personalized with his name on them.
24. They were a gift from my cousin.
25. Nick is going to be a counselor at church camp in June.
26. Morgan will be going too.
27. I'm a little panicked at the thought of being alone all week with a toddler and an infant.
28. I have a pair of Reef flip flops that I wear literally every day, even in my house.
29. They were bought to replace an identical pair I bought for our trip to Hawaii and wore out wearing all through my pregnancy with Daisy.
30. I seem to get pregnant every time I buy a new pair.
31. Hmmmm....
32. I was a little sad to leave my six week postpartum visit just because I love my OB/GYN so much.
33. She's an AWESOME doctor.
34. Nick's sister who's pregnant now, my brother's wife who was pregnant, and the pregnant wife of an old friend of mine all go to her.
35. Nick's other sister used to go to her too when she lived in this state.
36. I made necklaces for me and Daisy to wear on Easter.
37. I made Morgan one like mine for her birthday.
38. My phone is a Samsung Infuse. It's an Android, and I LOOOOVE it.
39. I think Androids are 10,000,000,000,000 times more awesome than iPhones.
40. A few days ago I bought a Lightscoop, and it's awesome!
41. That was not an affiliate link.
42. I hate doing dishes more than I had doing laundry.
43. I need to do both tomorrow.
44. I really should be in bed, but tomorrow is kind of a day off, so I think I'm okay.
45. Right, honey?
46. Jack will be 4 months old on Wednesday.
47. He still wears newborn clothes, but he's outgrown preemies.
48. He still wears newborn/preemie diapers, although we're almost out of them.
49. A couple of weeks ago I got a card from his NICU nurses wishing us well and thanking us for letting them take care of him.
50. They were all awesome, and I'd like to take him by to see them soon.
51. Daisy has started watching a lot of Dora the Explorer.
52. This has led to her playing Swiper the Fox.
53. This means she likes to grab something you don't want to lose, throw it, then shout "You'll NEVER find your shoe/book/hat/remote! Muahahahahaha!"
54. It's pretty hard to be stern when she does this.
55. All three of my babies have blue eyes.
56. Morgan's are the same shade of light blue as Nick's and the same shape and size as mine.
57. Daisy's and Jack's are my shade of dark blue, but they are HUGE. Daisy looks like a Disney princess with hers.
58. Daisy's favorite book is Llama Llama Mad at Mama.
59. I have yet to take the serger and embroidery machine I got for Christmas out of their boxes.
60. This is due to a lack of space rather than a lack of desire.
61. Nick and I are praying that if it is God's will, He will someday allow us to buy the house Nick lived in part of the time we were dating.
62. That house currently belongs to the mother of one of Nick's two best men.
63. It has the most perfect layout for our family I could imagine, not to mention an awesome yard and back deck.
64. The owner lives there alone, and her three kids have tried to talk her into selling and moving to a condo for years.
65. I'm eating Kraft Peppermint Jet Puffed Mallow Bits right now.
66. That's right - straight out of the container.
67. Tonight I set my blog to send Nick copies of all future posts (with his permission).
68. When I walked by the bathroom last night, the vanity counter top was spread with an even layer of toothpaste.
69. This is not something I requested.
70. Daisy was also minty fresh.
71. I was walking past to get Jack's bathtub, so I guess it's good I was already in the bathing children mindset.
72. We got our (hopefully) final doctor's bill. For both of my hospitalizations as well as Jack's NICU stay, we have to pay $300 total.
73. This is much better than the $33,000 pre-insurance.
74. I forgot to make the bed today.
75. I plan to do some sewing tomorrow.
76. I want to make an apron and some change pouches.
78. I made Daisy a skirt last week with the most adorable elephant patterned corduroy.
79. I also made her a matching headband.
80. She wore them both to church Sunday and people wanted to gobble her up!
81. Jack has entered the jabbering while kicking and waving stage.
82. Daisy has developed an alarming habit of dropping random objects into your drink when you aren't looking.
83. The other day Nick got to the bottom of his big plastic cup of tea and found four AA batteries.
84. He seems to be none the worse for the wear.
85. Morgan is sweating us hard for a cell phone.
86. It's not going to happen.
87. Even though she's the only 5th grader on the PLANET without one.
88. Next month her class is going on a field trip to the middle school to tour the classrooms, hallways, lockers, etc.
89. I'm feeling a little verklempt about this.
90. I still haven't finished cleaning out Jack's room.
91. I feel guilty about this.
92. The magnet on my refrigerator says "I need some stress relief", but it should probably be the one that says "I need some motivation."
93. I can hear Daisy down the hall talking to the dog.
94. We put her to bed asleep hours ago.
95. Apparently she woke up.
96. I'm really hoping she goes back to sleep.
97. I'm glad I'm almost finished with this.
98. I can hear Nick snoring.
99. I think it's time to join him.
100. I'm calling it a night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also was addicted to farmville. One day I got to thinking what an utter waste of time. I deleted it and that was it. LOL.

Anonymous said...

Just lurking by.. :)
I too LOVE pinterest, I think I need a support group for it. Ha!

I'm also jealous that you have peppermint flavoured marshmallows? I must look for those at the store.

The 100 things is a neat idea, I should post one if I can even think of that many things.
I also have younger one at home who swears she is the only child without a cell phone, but she is 9, about to be 10 in 2 months.

Do they all (kids in general) really have phones? I swear I'm going to ask parents at the end of the year party we have.
My daughter acts like it's some sort of cruel punishment that she has to wait for one. We said 13, when he sister was allowed to have one.