Friday, October 09, 2009

Hooray!

We have a baby! Our little angel was born at 9:06 on Monday night and it could not have gone more easily! I had a doctor's appointment at 1:00 that day, and I was 5 cm dilated. I let her know that I was ready to have the baby if she thought we would do it that day, and she decided that it would be wiser to go ahead and induce than to take a chance on having my water break when I was away from the hospital. I called Nick and everyone else and went over and got checked in. They started an IV and took some blood, then Nick got there and they gave me my epidural. My doctor came and broke my water around 5:00. The baby was born 4 hours later after 8 whole pushes. I only had to have about 4 stitches and thanks to the epidural I didn't feel a thing!

She is just beautiful, 21 inches long, 7 lbs even, with APGAR scores of 9 and 10! With Morgan my water broke at home, and by the time I got my epidural I was having hard contractions about a minute apart. I pushed for 3 hours and then they had to use forceps. It took about 45 minutes to sew up the tears, which went through 3 levels of tissue, so this whole delivery was a piece of cake! Thank you so much everyone for all the prayers and well wishes!

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

congratulations!

Aeon's Angel said...

What a beautiful little girl! Congratulations!

I am however agitated that you had such an easy birthing experience. Out of my 4 children my shortest labor was 8 hours and the longest 22 hours.

Enjoy your new little bundle of joy!

Anonymous said...

Oh My Goodness!!! Congratulations on your beautiful new daughter!!! :)

Bonnie said...

Yea!

That's wonderful.

Gentle hugs,
Bonnie

April said...

How exciting!!! Congratulations.

As you know, I also have PCOS and you and I have emailed back and forth a few times on that issue. Well, I find it very fitting that you gave birth on Monday to your miracle baby and we found out on Monday that to our immense surprise, we are expecting again!

May God bless your new baby girl with a lifetime of happiness. May she grow up in the Lord and follow Him all the days of her life!

God bless!!

April

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!! I'm so happy for you and your family :)

Emilie

Paul said...

Tracy, what great news, congratulations.
You and you family are blessed with a new life may you live in happiness together.
Love and warm hugs,
Paul.

Anonymous said...

Congrats!! That's great news!!
Hugs,
padme

PK said...

What an exciting time in your life. You are a very lucky lady!

Hugs,
PK

Heather said...

Wonderful news! Congrats!

Our precious little girl will be a month old tomorrow. I know the feelings of elation and yet tiredness you must be going through right now. :)

You and your family are in my prayers. Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!!

Meow said...

Congratulations on a beautiful baby girl! And also on a short and easy labor (grin). I know she'll be a blessing to you both! Meow

Hermione said...

Congratulations! I'm pleased for all of you.

Hugs,
Hermione

Anonymous said...

Congrats Tracy!!!! She is beautiful!

-Mary aka poochiepoo

Bethie said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for all of you!

Big hugs!
Bethie

ronnie said...

Congratulations to you, Nick and family and a big kiss for your little daughter

Love.
Ronnie
xx

mthc said...

congrats....i love babies...she is pretty!!

Impish1 said...

Just got home - congratulation! Glad it was so easy. My best to the whole happy family!

Jean said...

Congrats to whole family on a beautiful baby girl! and that everything turned out so well!! God is good.

His mija said...

OMG this is wonderful news.
Congratulations

Big Hugs
His mija