Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Yay!

I got a new car today! Well, new to me, but still pretty new. It's a 2007 Toyota Camry, and I am SO happy with it! We traded Nick's truck for it, which we were thrilled to be able to do. He had a big old V8 Dodge, and it was costing him about $20 a day to get to work and back. It held about $85 worth of gas, and that lasted him all of 4 days. We've been looking for a while, but we couldn't find anything that would work with our budget since nobody wanted to give him enough to pay off his truck on a trade.

We've really been praying about it though, and this just fell in our laps. Our payments went down, we got a newer, lower mileage vehicle which will hold its value much better, our insurance cost has gone down, and we will be saving a TON on gas! And I love, love, LOVE this car! Nick will be driving my Xterra, which he likes a lot, and which also gets a lot better mileage than his truck did. I think he was a little sad to see his truck go, but this was his idea and his decision, and I'm so proud of the deal and the interest rate he got!

Thank you so much, baby!

This isn't my car, but it looks just like this:

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

How exciting! Congratulations, you deserve it!

:)

Anonymous said...

OMG CONGRATES i love love love the new car. YAY

grace said...

HOORAY for the new car! HOORAY for saving money!

I bet you look GOOD in it too!

HUGS!
grace

AngelBrat said...

Thanks, guys - I'm pretty excited about it! Sadly I didn't get to drive it today because Nick had to take it in to do a few things to it like fix where the passenger side seatbelt didn't want to retract and buff out a few surface scratches. But what a lucky girl I am that he takes such good care of me!

Adam's Angel said...

Oh Hooray!!! I'm so psyched for you. Those wonderful little life-presents just give us such a boost, don't they? Just the savings on gas alone are wonderful!

Now, you have to christen it by having Nick sit in the back seat and pull you over his lap for a few new car swats. Do it! Do it!

AngelBrat said...

Thank you, AA - that sounds like a fine idea!