Saturday, June 16, 2007
Vacation
My vacation starts today - yipee! This evening we'll begin our yearly trip to the cabin where we spent our honeymoon - we'll be up there through Wednesday. I'll be taking my laptop just in case, but I don't think there will be wi-fi close by, so I probably won't be posting again until we get back. Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers this week - I had a job interview this past Thursday for a position in another department. I know that this is in God's hands and that if it's part of His plan the job will be mine, but if it's not, I need grace to be content where I'm at now. The good news is that I got a raise yesterday, which makes my current job a little more appealing. My company has various pay grades for different positions, and each pay grade has a range of about $7.00 an hour. My current job is a pay grade under the one I interviewed for, but the grades overlap a great deal. What that means is that as I'm in the middle of my pay grade now, I could actually be offered less if they wanted to start me out at the bottom of the next pay grade. I can't take the job if that's the case, even if they do offer it to me, because we can't afford for me to take a cut. Also, the new job would require me to pay for monthly parking, which is free where I'm at now. What I'm really hoping for is that they will give me the job at what I'm making now plus about 20¢ on the hour, which will cover the parking cost but still fall well within the pay grade (in the lower half even). That would make this a lateral move income-wise, but the job really appeals to me on a number if levels, and it would also put me in the department where one of my best girlfriends works. Not a necessity, I know, but certainly a nice bonus! I love my company, but after seven and 1/2 years doing the same thing, another department would be nice for a change. At any rate, I should hear back sometime this week. I'll leave you with this cute icon I found surfing Photobucket:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Tracy, I hope that things work out for you.
Have a great vacation.
Warm hugs,
Paul.
Hope you have a wonderful vacation, and that it is everything you hoped for and more!
Big hugs
Em x
Hope you're having a great vacation!
Huggs,
Reesa
Thank you, everyone. It's been great so far!
Post a Comment