Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Gratitude Tuesday

Today I want to express my gratitude for the things in my life that, while not on par with my family, are certainly important, and I'm very blessed to have them:

My house. We bought our house 5 1/2 years ago, when Morgan was just six months old. We moved here from a very old and rather rickety trailer (vigorous lovemaking once put one leg of our bed through the floor) that we were renting from my grandfather. The trailer was set far back from the road, and when I was pregnant we were robbed. I never felt safe there again, and it was a huge relief to move into a secure home with neighbors close by.

My car. Believe me, we've had a few vehicles that you couldn't call reliable unless you were referring to their tendency to leave us stranded. It's very nice to have one that dependently gets me from point A to point B.

My job. It's not always fun, and it can be frustrating at times, but it pays relatively well for what I do, the insurance is cheaper than at Nick's place of employment, and I get three weeks of vacation a year. All in all, I can't complain.

My church. We joined our church about a year ago, and it's truly amazing.

My computer. My laptop is my favorite toy, absolutely the best gift Nick's ever bought me. And even better, it's got so many friends in it!

Well those are a few, many more to come in the weeks ahead.

Happy Gratitude Tuesday!

5 comments:

hestia said...

ohhhhhhh, I do agree with you... there's a lot to be thankfull for...

Paul said...

Tracy, great list. We had a burglary once, they were disturbed so they got very little. It was very disturbing, it took Mel a long time to get over it.
Warm hugs,
Paul.

Anonymous said...

Very nice list, Tracy!!!

*hugs*
Tigger

Reesa Roberts said...

ROFL the leg of your bed went through the floor! I can just picture that!

Huggs,
Reesa

AngelBrat said...

Thank you for the lovely comments, everyone. :)