Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Gratitude Tuesday - W

It's Gratitude Tuesday again! Today we celebrate W:

Wooden Implements - I admit it, I'm ridiculously addicted. I suppose I'm a naughty school girl at heart.

Whippings - I don't mean this in the dungeons and shackles kind, but in the Southern, don't make me take off my belt kind. Mmmmm!

Welts - Sometimes, they can be very, very nice.

Windows - both the Bill Gates and the let-the-sun-shine-in versions.

Work - I may not always like my job, but I do appreciate it, not to mention the ability to do it.

Women - and the fact that I am one!

Water - I've always been calmed and renewed by bodies of water, whether a lake, a river, a burbling creek, or the ocean.

Walking - I love to go for long walks, and I'm very grateful for the health and ability to do so.

Writing - I love to write. It's always been my outlet, and I wish I had more time for it.

Windy days - When I was little I can remember the magic of being outside, spinning around amid a swirl of blowing leaves. Something about really windy days makes me feel utterly alive.

Wal-Mart - Now where would I be without my favorite cheap implement store?

Worcestershire Sauce - It goes in my spaghetti sauce, on our steaks, in hamburger helper, on and on. Yum!

Happy Gratitude Tuesday!

5 comments:

CeeCi said...

You're nearly there! Three more letters and you've made it to the end of the alphabet...well done, as is your list today, Tracy.

Windy days caused me to run for my kite (if I had one). I loved catching the breeze in my clothing and turning my face to the wind to let it whip my hair around. I loved chasing after leaves. Even now, I love the sound of the wind as it blows through the trees, it sounds like the ocean to me. Thank you for the thoughts and memories that entry on your list brought my way!

*Big Hugs*
♥ CeeCi

Paul said...

Tracy, lovely GT list, listening to the wind in trees makes me feel at one with nature. I love the sound of wind in the trees, mind you not hurricanes or tornado's.
Warm hugs,
Paul.

Anonymous said...

Yeah for wal mart!! I can't imagine my life without wal mart. :)
Great W list. welts and whippings are wonderful. :)
I also enjoy windy days and walks.
BIG HUGS
padme amidala

AngelBrat said...

Thanks, Ceeci. :) This one had me swirling in memories too. One of my favorite windy day memories is of flying a kite so high that it almost pulled me off the hill. Eventually it broke the string. I hated to see the kite go, but what an adventure!

Thank you, Paul. I'm with you. I'll pass on the hurricanes and tornados too, but I sure do feel like part of nature when I can feel it literally pushing against me. :)

Thanks, Padme. :) Wal-mart is the best!

Anonymous said...

Nice list, Tracy!!! I'm with you on everything but the welts!!!

*hugs*
Tigger