Well, we're back from camping, and I've gotta say, it was a blast. We went up on Friday afternoon after I got off work and set up. We had just enough time to get the tents staked before a rather vicious downpour hit. Soooo...we did have to deal with that, but after a while it tapered off enough for us to build a campfire and sit around it for a bit.We ended up taking Morgan, my two brothers, Nick's sister, and her boyfriend, and it was wonderful to get to spend some time with them. The rain moved out Saturday morning, after cooling things down considerably (no small thing), and we spent the day swimming, and fishing, and just hanging out. Nick did all the cooking, and everybody was quite impressed. He made some awesome breakfast burritos to start the day with, and dinner the first night was an amazing pork tenderloin cooked in the campfire with vegetables. Sunday we had this incredible casserole for breakfast, and delicious hamburgers for dinner.
Sunday my parents came up with my aunt and uncle, and all the boys discovered a nearby rope swing. Nick and I took a ride in my dad's boat (borrowed for the trip), and my dad took Morgan out in it. I think he enjoyed it as much as she did.
My brother took Morgan fishing later that day, and she caught 3 fish! It was her first time catching anything, and she was sooooo proud of herself, although she insisted they all get thrown back.We came back Sunday night and just basically crashed on the couch and watch Walk the Line on pay-per-view. All in all, it was a lovely weekend, and I can't wait to do it again.

5 comments:
Tracy, sounds like you had a good time.
Thanks for sharing.
Hugs,
Paul,
Sounds wunnnnnnnderful! We had an awesome weekend too - must be that time of year!
It was lovely, Paul. Thank you. :)
LC, I read about yours too, and it sounded awesome!
Glad you had a good time!!!
*hugs*
Tigger
Thanks, Tigger! :)
Post a Comment