Monday, August 15, 2005

How far can you stretch?

Hi guys. I'm sorry I've been so quiet the last week. Things on the job front have been very stressful. As I mentioned before, I'm trying for a training position at work, and today is supposed to be Decision Day.

There were about 15 other people up for this job. To be perfectly honest, I was only really worried about 2 of them. One is my very best friend at work, a girl I've known for 20 years. The other is the girl who trained me when I started at the company. Well, I finally got to interview last Wednesday. I thought it went pretty well, although I was still nervous. I was told they'd probably have a decision by Friday. Then when I went in on Thursday, one of the three bosses making the decision informed me that it had been narrowed down to 4 people - me, the 2 people I was worried about from the start, and a girl I really hadn't considered even being qualified. Then she told me that each of us had to prepare written training guidelines for a new product the bank has and, the next day, spend 10 minutes "training" all three of them (the bosses).

Well, that was Friday, and I think I did well there too, but I just can't tell. On our way home from church last night, Nick and I passed another church with a marquis reading "Worry not about tomorrow, for God is already there." It was such an apt message, and I'm trying to hold onto it. I believe very firmly in God, and I know that He has a plan here, be it for this job or another down the road. Imperfectly, I'm still nervous and worried.

I'm afraid I've neglected both my house and my DD forum ever since I found out about this opportunity, and for that I'm sorry. (The first, Nick intends to insure at the first opportunity.)

Beyond the stress on the job front, our little girl starts school this Thursday. She's only four, and I never wanted to send her this early, but we don't have any other options. My mom is no longer in good enough health to watch her. Her grade will be K4, so it's really more like daycare, and my mom works at the school she'll be attending. She's excited about going, and I think she'll do really well.

But she's my BABY!

2 comments:

Explore Community said...

Tracy,
I hope the job works out - but if it doesn't, I'm sure it's because God has a better one for you.

As to your baby's starting school :) She'll be fine. I was suprised when my niece started while she was only just four. She's loving it.

AngelBrat said...

Thank you for the thoughts and prayers, guys. :) And you're right - something better is out there.

On the school front - keep praying! I'm trying to keep from hiding in her backpack!